This recipe is one of my all-time favorites. The thing I like about it is you don’t have to sacrifice on flavor or taste just because you forfeit the carbs. I like to use this recipe for meal prep. I cut out squares and just toss it in individual freezer bags for later use. It’s great for the busy mommy on the go. I have to tell you this tastes exactly like a yummy taco in the form of lasagna. This is a must try.
- 4-5 zucchinis’ sliced thin length wise
- 1/2 lb taco seasoned ground turkey meat
- 1/2 cup shredded of mozzarella
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup chopped red , yellow and green peppers
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
- Small bunch of cilantro chopped for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp taco season (key)
- Sauté veggies in coconut oil
- Assemble with layers in pan much like lasagna .
- Toss in oven and bake at 375 for 1hr